www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. So Will tells us last week that inside his underwear are some Pomegranates. And proceeds to ask if everyone has pomegranates in their underwear? Oh by the way, he's talking about the purple man on his Fruit of the Loom tag.

2. It was 85 degrees here and sunny today. Woohoo. Summer is a comin'. After all the snow this winter, bring it mother nature. We're ready to hit the pool.

3. Amelia is now not only afraid of the cat she's also afraid of a crow. I'm telling you we are animal people here. And the animals can feel it..

4. Last week I received a text from one of my best friends..Will's girl Chloe was at the eye doctor getting her eyes dialated and this is what she had to say, "I don't love anybody. I don't love anybody but Will."

5. Come August you're going to have to pick a certain 3 year old boy out of a great big puddle in the floor when his future wife pulls outta town. Amelia and I will probably be laying down beside him..

6. I feel like we've gotten more than our fair share of disappointing and stressful news lately. Best friends leaving, surgeries, medical procedures, unspoken prayer requests, dealing with the uncertainty of Jason's job. I try so very hard to be a positive, encouraging person for the people around me but lately I feel like we are being smothered from all sides. The smile on my face is getting a little tighter and inside my heart is almost breaking.

7. I know that God doesn't give us more than He thinks we can handle but I keep asking him to lighten up a little. And I'm asking you "my people", if you've got sad, disappointing or bad news for me..see me in 2012.

8. Isabella/Nene and Amelia/Granny had an art contest on Saturday. They had to make a sky/nature scene completely out of construction paper. I will try to post pictures of their finished masterpieces.

9. Today at school Amelia caught a ladybug on the playground and carried that thing around for 15 minutes. She said is anyone allergic to ladybugs? Can this ladybug please be our pet?

10. And oh the budget. I pray that this mess is taken care of and our country can get back on track. I pray it is a country that I can once again be proud of. A country that will pay the soldiers protecting it's freedom regardless of what's going on in Washington. Our soldiers sacrifice enough..they don't need to give up their paychecks too.

No comments: