www.simplicitybychristy.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Will's favorite color is orinch not to be confused with orange. He loves to wear orange as often as possible and you can usually spot him from across the room - or parking lot - the shirts are so bright. His shoes are also "orinch" if I haven't mentioned that before.

2. In the morning, after prayer meeting he gets two skittles from his Mrs. Laura. Every day he gets orange and on the really great days he says gets excited and says "Hey they match my shirt. Or hey they match my shoes." I love that Mrs Laura knows that my boy will ask for two orange skittles every day.

3. The point of the orange shirts.. One of his shirts has a very large Phoenix on it and a a bunch of stars. I didn't go for design, I went strictly for color. Will and Jason have had many discussions apparently about this bird and Will can tell you that it's a Phoenix on his shirt. Last Wednesday, he told my mother in his most serious voice: This bird on my shirt is very angry. This is a mean bird on my shirt. I seriously almost cried laughing.

4. It was a beautiful weekend here. Sunny and 85..everyone in the neighborhood was mowing their yards to include Will. Everyone else was swinging and sliding and Will was mowing.

5. Drew woke up in the middle of the night last night hysterically crying. The kid could not be calmed down and screamed for 45 minutes. We offered him water, tried to get him to go back to sleep, pulled out all our best tricks. Finally, desperate Jason set him down to see what he actually wanted and he ran into the kitchen for one specific sippy cup. I'm telling you this kid is stubborn.

6. I realized yesterday fall break and spring break have both been spent on my couch. My next break better be somewhere with a better view and ocean waves and not a pitstop at the hospital.

7. This was my morning conversation with Bella yesterday. Names changed to protect the innocent.."Mama, did you know Sally and Suzie are BFF? They are BFF. And Frank broke up with Jane because she was too flashy. Frank doesn't like girls that show off."

8. The girls are coming to Nashville in just under a month. I am seriously beyond excited as I haven't seen them in over a year now. These were my best friends for years. We went everywhere together every single weekend and most days through the week. I know that laughing will be done until we cry and I can't wait.

9. Amelia was sitting on the deck eating her popsicle when the crazy cat lurked into our backyard. Amelia doesn't trust nor does she like the crazy cat. It jumps on our deck and poops on her toys. She's out there minding her own business and at this point so is the cat. She opens the door and says "that cat is bothering me". We really aren't animal lovers here. I don't know why that cat doesn't understand he's not welcome.

10. We are now a gate free household. We decided there wasn't really a point to having the gate up when Drew was climbing over them to get to what he wants. Or the girls were lifting him over them. This boys is growing up and it's making me sad.

No comments: