www.simplicitybychristy.com

Friday, April 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. These have not been the easiest two weeks for me - hence the lack of posts. Last Tuesday I had an unexpected colonoscopy. It was absolutely horrid and miserable.

2. Poor, sweet little Will was really worried about me and told me as I sat gagging and fighting back tears on the floor, "Just ask Daddy to get you some new juice Mama so you don't have to drink the yucky juice anymore."

3. Along with drinking the delicious gallon jug of juice, I got the added bonus of puking too. The nurse told me as I was waiting for the procedure and about to have another nervous breakdown that no one had ever thrown up before. I hadn't eaten 9 hours prior to even starting the "juice"..by the time of the actual procedure I was at 22 hours. I was sedated before I even entered the procedure room.

4. Hernia surgery was up next on Monday. It has been just about as much fun. I got sick coming out of the anesthesia and they admitted me. Apparently my insurance only pays for 24 after surgery and they discharged me at 4:53AM. You gotta love Tricare.

5. Up next in the long line of fun I'm having this week..an allergic reaction to the 14 steri-strips that are covering my stomach. I have hard, blistered welts all over.

6. Just when you think things can't get any worse, one of your best friends calls and tells you they will be moving by the end of the summer. I took the news in a medicated stupor and was just thankful I didn't start crying on the phone.

7. My friends don't move away from me. I move away from them. For me personally this is going to be miserable and I am going to miss my friend like crazy. And I will cry because I can't see her every day anymore. But deep down I am happy for her and I know that this is what they need right now.

8. Drew is enjoying his time with Nene and Granny. He is a little bossy with Granny and is always telling her "NO".

9. There is no use putting up a gate anymore, Drew climbs right over it and up the stairs.

10. Bella's reading is improving every single day. She gets off the bus most days reading her library book and still enjoys reading to her brothers and sisters.

11. Please pray that a budget is passed soon. Our family, along with countless others, livelihood depends on this.

No comments: