www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, April 16, 2011

an Easter tradition

It is no secret that I have a sweet tooth. I personally could do without the "vegetable" group and move right on over to "sweets and junk food". If you know me really well you know that I'm not kidding in the least bit. You also know that the Easter aisles of the local Targets stores almost make me giddy this time of year. All those brightly colored Peeps and Bunnies just waiting to be put into my shopping cart. Now, the Peeps are much better than the bunnies but I cannot and will not play favorites. It is probably also known, that once the package is home I slit open the cellophane so the peeps can start to get stale. Because nothing is better than a stale peep. Before I had kids and I wasn't as good at watching my blood sugar, I would buy multiple boxes of peeps and wait until June/July to eat those little birds. Oh were they good. Now, I have kids. And don't ya know they love a Peep too. And do you think that they have the patience to let my birds "cook" on the back of the counter? No. My children do not understand nor do they fully appreciate the way a Peep should be eaten. They just know they like them and they have no time for "cookin birds".
Here is my Drew-boy and his first Peep. It was a proud moment because he couldn't be bothered to even touch it. He just shoved the entire thing in his mouth. His immediate response was "More. Mine" and he pointed to the pink Peeps sitting on the counter. I'm doing my best to raise them right..






No comments: