www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, April 4, 2009

good timing

Just this week I posted the pics of Will's new bed. I knew his crib days were numbered. The girls had just woken up from their naps yesterday and were talking to Grami on the phone. I was sitting by them and heard one of the doors opening. I thought for a minute I was losing my mind. I looked down at both the girls sitting by me. Both girls are sitting there and Will is still sleeping in his crib. Who is in our house?! Out walks Will. A huge smile on his face, his dog tucked under his arm. He simply waves at me and says "Hi". Then walks into the toy room like it's something he does everyday.

I never imagined he would climb out of the crib THREE days after the bed arrived. I guess it's one benefit to being Type A. Jason and I had discussed the purchase of the bed. I wanted to buy it now. Even if we didn't use it right away, it was here for when we needed it. Jason thought we had time to wait and there wasn't a hurry to buy.

I am happy and relieved to say that the first night in the big bed was uneventful. Daddy laid him down and he actually stayed in bed. He slept quietly until 4:30 this morning. I hope the transition continues to go this smoothly!

*** Will continues to sleep well in the big bed at night. Naptime on the other hand is an ABSOLUTE nightmare. It takes Will at least an hour to stop screaming, stay in the bed and fall asleep. If he manages to accomplish this without waking the girls up, they seem to wake up as soon as Will finally falls asleep. Of course he then he wakes up again. It has been a miserable, exhausting few days.

No comments: