www.simplicitybychristy.com

Friday, April 24, 2009

at last...


Last year Bella's absolute favorite item of clothing was her "stripe dress". Nothing fancy, just a simple knit dress I picked up at the Gap for less than $10. It was cream with bright stripes. It was cute but I never figured it to be a must have item for her. She wore it everywhere until late fall. (Sadly I can't find a single picture of her in the dress.) I finally had to draw the line. All winter she waited patiently for warmer weather. On each sunny day she would ask if it was warm enough to wear the striped dress yet. Every birthday party she attended, the Nutcracker, even Christmas she wanted to wear the striped dress. It occurred to me in mid-January the much loved dress would probably be too small by the time she was finally able to wear it. She had waited so patiently and I didn't want her to be super disappointed. I started the search for a suitable, approved replacement. I purchased several dresses and finally found the one. Every day without fail she has asked if it was warm enough to wear her "stripe dress". Today it is 80 degrees and she was finally allowed to wear it to school. Bella could hardly contain her excitement to get dressed. Of course she wanted her picture taken so here she is in all her "striped dress" glory.

***note***the original dress now hangs in Amelia's closet and she could care less about it. Maybe I will finally get a break from that dress!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How beautiful dress!! I too love to buy dresses from Gap...