www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, April 4, 2009

having a baby


**** I have had this post written for a couple of weeks but have been waiting quietly and patiently for a photo opportunity.

It's no big secret that we are frequent flyers at the OB/GYN's office. Three kids in three years is a pretty good push. No pun intended. You would think that I am one of those women that just love being pregnant. I'm not. I love having the baby but the process involved in getting it here, for me, is exhausting.

Regardless of how much fun I am having, the girls absolutely love going to see my OB. Even when I wasn't pregnant, Bella liked to take a surprise trip to see "Dr. Meano". She actually threw an all out fit once when we went to the post office instead of to the doctor. I should point out that I'm not a bizarre stalker of doctor's offices. I have become friends with both of my nurses. Some people think this in itself is bizarre but like I said, frequent flyers. The girls are also treated like queens at the doctor's office. It's totally ridiculous and they love it!

The baby bump is ever present once again. Bella is very aware that there is a baby in my belly and asks me every day when it's going to come out and live with us. She and Amelia play "let's have a baby" several times a week. One of them will lay on the floor with a doll up her shirt while the other "delivers" the baby. The baby just miraculously appears (or "pops" out as they say) and then they switch places. I have explained the best I can to a 4 & 2 year old how a c-section works. I know that they now think that this is how all women have babies. Totally fine with me. I'm not particularly ready to explain the alternative to either of them yet.

No comments: