www.simplicitybychristy.com

Friday, April 10, 2009

easter eggs and tornado warnings

We are under another severe thunderstorm/tornado warning. Again. Nothing irritates me more than a tornado warning. When we lived in Arkansas I felt like I needed to take anger management classes just to deal with the hours of weather coverage on the television. I spent the night before I had Bella in the bathtub with the sirens going off. Totally annoyed. I had two requests when we left Arkansas 1)i wanted to be closer to home 2) I didn't want to live anywhere close to ANY tornado belts. I guess the Army didn't get the memo in either instance. Give me a good snow storm any day but this tornado business is for the birds.

The kids are getting annoyed with the storms as well. It seems to be raining every other day. They are tired of being stuck inside when it is raining and stuck inside when it's not because of the mud. I decided today would be a great day to dye our Easter eggs. The girls are usually super impatient waiting on the eggs. They constantly plop them in and out of the container and make a huge mess. The process went surprisingly smoother than I expected today. I suggested we make our own personal pizzas while we waited on the eggs to be "ready". Both the eggs and pizzas turned out fantastic!



No comments: