www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, April 25, 2009

art festival

Today we braved the 85 degree temperature and headed to Panoply. It is an annual art festival held here the last weekend in April. The past two years it has rained and we haven't gone. This year it was beautiful (and scorching hot) but was so worth the trip. Neither Jason nor I are super artsy people. (I must confess my main motivation in going was the carnival type food available. I will go almost anywhere they have funnel cakes.) It was absolutely fantastic for the kids... arts and crafts everywhere. Bella and Amelia were the perfect age. They made stained glass windows, cardboard cutouts, noisemakers, disco fish, face masks, painted on easels and crazy hats just to name a few. The girls excitement grew at each station and they didn't want to leave. It was so much fun and is definitely something we will attend next year.

Our first stop..face painting of course!



Early Works tree. Each of the girls made a leaf that will be put on the tree.

a close up of the hand-made leaves already on the tree.

a few random pictures of craft-time.



The only picture I really got of Will. He spent most of the day in the stroller people watching.

the parade arrived about 2 minutes after the previous picture was taken :)

The best for last. These "statues" were throughout the festival. For me they are almost as bad as mimes and totally freak me out. Bella was absolutely fascinated with this one and couldn't get close enough. I would take a few steps back and Bella would pull me closer. We were literally close enough to touch her! Ugh! Of course Jason thought this was hysterical.

No comments: