www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

second snow day

We thought we would make the most of snow day number two and I sent the kids out with their Daddy for some fun. A few of you have asked where the wee-est member of our family is and he's usually watching from the windows. Somedays screaming, somedays trashing my house. That's a different post for a different day. I know these pictures aren't the best because I'm shooting them from inside the house. I still couldn't resist catches these images of my kids and there Daddy in this crazy southern snow.
Amelia saw me in the window in these photos and decided she was going to have a snowball fight with me. I love the determined spirit of that girl and the hard work it took to get through that snow. She laughed as she came running and even got a little frustrated at how hard it was to throw a snowball up. Let's be honest, she got even more frustrated when the snowball she was throwing at me came back at her and I was howling from the window. She also ate snow for the first time and laughed hysterically at that.






Bella decided she was going to shovel the snow away. Big job ahead of her ;)



Here is the "sled" the kids played in all day. There aren't a lot of actual sleds around here. We've got plenty of beach gear and pool toys but the sleds were few and far between. I saw lots of cardboard boxes, plastic lids and innertubes out this week. The best we could come up with is a wading pool. The kids had a ball and I know they will remember it for years.










No comments: