www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Last week we were leaving the doctor's office and see a woman and her three day old baby. This woman was in pretty rough shape and could barely move. Amelia takes one look at her and says "What's the matter with her? She can't even walk." I explained as nicely and as PG-4 as I could that this woman just had a baby. Amelia's response "Who wants to have a baby if you have to walk around looking like that!?"

2. We got stomped on the soccer field this weekend. I don't think our girls scored a single goal. But they were very good sports about it and played their little hearts out. I was really proud of their determination and grace on the field. They were frustrated but still kept fighting.

3. Will's Sunday school teacher is pregnant and due this winter. We found out last week she is having a little boy and naming him Will (a family name for her too). I asked my Will what he wanted the baby to be and he said "an Owl". When I told him the baby was a boy and going to be named Will too, he got very excited. Now there are three Wills and he is happy to count them off for you.

4. Bella earned her vest in Sparks this Sunday. She was very proud of her accomplishment. She has been working really hard to memorize her verses.

5. Drew starts MMO today. I know, I know. I was going to hold off and send him to preschool in the fall. The ladies have been requesting him and when a Tuesday opened up, I decided to scoop it up. He loved going this summer. Will loves Drew's teachers (his from last year) and I'm preparing myself for the jealousy of Drew getting to stay with Rah-Rah and Pat-Pat.

6. Amelia had a tea party at school today. She had to dress up for the occasion and practice good manners. She was excited about this for days and had a great time at the party.

7. Will is really enjoying the big boy room at preschool. He loves to paint and when I pick him up every day he is so excited to show me the artwork he made that day. Last week all of the kids painted a sun and they are hanging from the ceiling. Will loves all the sunshines in his classroom.

8. Thanks to all that have pledged or donated money to Bella this week. She has actually enjoyed calling you and is excited to run on Thursday morning. Jason and I are a little disappointed that neither or us can make it because of prior scheduling conflicts.

9. Now that Drew is walking everywhere nothing in our house is safe. His favorite spots to play are the trash, toilet and anywhere in the kitchen. He absolutely loves emptying my un-childproofed cabinets. Ugh, we're going to have to find some way to keep him out.

10. Bella is cursed with a long, narrow foot. As I've previously stated she's very particular about footwear and is currently just shy of the big girls sizes at the shoe store. She's pretty sad about this fact because little girls shoes are mostly Mary Janes. My fashionista is tired of Mary Janes. She drools over and asks to try on the same pair of sparkly black flats every time we're in the store. Finally, this year they fit and I've never seen someone so excited over a pair of shoes.

No comments: