www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Will had his first ever case of swimmer's ear this week. We knew something was up when we couldn't even take his shirt off without him crying.

2. The pool was closed this week because of filter issues. We were bored and hot and struggling for things to do by the end of the week when it opened back up.

3. Jason enjoyed his first week ever in civilian job world. He is twice the age of one of the girls he works with.

4. We have Isabella's open house tomorrow night and we FINALLY get to find out who her teacher is. I guess I can kind of see why they make the parents wait to find out, they don't want people calling to complain and trying to switch classes but seriously, this is kindergarten. This is huge. I need to prepare her for not knowing anyone and a completely new environment, with a new teacher she doesn't know. I have a feeling this is my welcome to the public school system.

5. The kids are in private Christian-based preschool programs. I'm so thankful for that environment. We've already warned Isabella that certain things will be different and there won't be praying to begin her day or before lunch. She's a little confused about why already.

6. There was an attempted kidnapping here last week at my favorite superstore. A man walked up to two little boys, waiting for their mom outside the dressing room and told them he was a police officer. He offered to buy them anything they wanted if they would come with them. He had a gun with him. As a parent this is my biggest fear and I've been talking to the kids about it since it happened.

7. Driving down the highway today, I hear "that is so stupid". I don't like the word stupid and look up and reply, "please choose a better word Bella." She says, "That is really dumb". I'm getting a little frustrated at this point and simply say "Isabella". She gives a huff and says, "fine, that is absolutely ridiculous.". Then I see what she's talking about. A teenager driving her wrangler pulls up beside me. Her foot, without a shoe is hanging out the door flapping in the wind. (Keep in mind the speed limit here is 70 and most people travel 80) and her arm, cigarette in hand is dangling there flapping in the wind. I'll give credit where credit is due - that is SO stupid.

8. I took the littlest three shoe shopping for BTS. Will is in an 11.5 double wide. His feet are huge. Bella only wears a 12. Amelia still measures a 8-8.5 but I made them put her in a 9 just in case she has a growth spurt. Maybe wishful thinking.

9. We are now carrying an EpiPen for Will incase of a beesting. The allergist doesn't think we will need to use it but because of the severe reactions he's had in the past, he thinks it's best to have it on hand. He's too young to test for a bee allergy right now and we just have to keep a close eye on him and hope he doesn't get stung.

10. Everyone in the house (with the exception of the father figure) loves Annie. Complete with moves from the movie. It's a nice break from our Saddle Ridge Ranch VBS songs we've been hearing all summer.

No comments: