www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Bella scored two goals in her soccer game this weekend. She was so happy and so proud of herself. We were pretty proud of her too.

2. The kids enjoyed a visit from Sammy on Friday night. They have been begging for her to come over to babysit for weeks now. Jason and I finally had somewhere to go and she was available. They love Sammy and are already asking when she's coming back to watch them. Bella and Amelia don't understand why she can't come over for a regular playdate when I'm home.

3. Jason officially said goodbye to his unit Friday night. His boss lives down the street from us and he's working at the book store with another one of his friends, so he's not going to be totally lost in civilian life. His first week of classes went well.

4. Bella is the T letter expert for her kindergarten class. Whew. I'm excited we were randomly chosen for T and not X. She can write Tt fairly well already and is working on the sounds. We have to take in a picture of something that begins with "T" and she wanted to take a picture of an actual tree in our backyard. We also have to take in a piece of environmental print that begins with "T" and she chose Twizzlers. She wanted to take a picture of Target, her favorite store.

5. The girls are really enjoying AWANA at church. They love memorizing their bible versus each week and I'm amazed at how quickly they can accomplish this. Bella memorized John 3:16 in two days. This week we're going to try to memorize two bible verses.

6. We finally seem to have a drop in temperature here. It is supposed to be in the 90s all week. When I've gone out to walk all week it's been rather chilly. I must be acclimating to the southern climate finally. Oh dear.

7. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you've heard me complain about the lunatics on the road. And I mean lunatics. They pull some of the craziest driving maneuvers that I have ever seen. If you aren't used to seeing them you're usually stuck staring with your mouth open or literally biting your tongue at the craziness. So I'm driving to church the other day through miles of construction. I miss my first turn option and realize traffic is backed up and there is no way I can turn at the second. If you're from the north clearly you're going to drive to the next light and turn around. Not me. I whipped a left hand turn and sat and patiently waited for oncoming traffic to allow me to cross three lanes. And you know what, they did. Driving like a local.

8. We're a few weeks away from the start of college football. Usually one of my favorite times of year. This year I am dreading it. We live in the land of the defending National Champions and if they weren't annoying enough last season, I know they will be this year. I'm just hoping someone takes them down a few notches quickly so I don't have to hear about their superior football excellence again. All season.

9. We are currently participating in our first school fundraiser. I know this is a great opportunity for the school and I really hope the parents are getting behind it. I dread having Bella call and ask for donations. That pep rally must have worked because she was ready to go. (She's so unlike her mother, the former university fundraiser.) Be forewarned family members, if you get a call from one of your favorite five year olds asking you to help her "run laps for school" this is what it's for :)

10. Drew and I have a lunch date tomorrow with one of my favorite newborns and her beautiful mama. I correctly guessed her arrival at our local news station's contest and I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet girl again. I love newborn babies and I seriously think I could hold them all day long. Drew can only tolerate so much and then he turns a bit jealous.

No comments: