www.simplicitybychristy.com

Monday, August 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Bella, Amelia and Will were playing make believe. Bella asked Will what he was pretending to be and he replied, Indian. Hands on hips, this was her response. "You can't pretend to be an Indian Will. You are an Indian. You have to be an Indian princess. Or how about an Indian astronaut?"

2. I told the kids they could watch a movie after they finished eating. The girls are always finished first and were already on the couch waiting. As I wiped Will's hands off, I asked him what movie he thought they were watching. His response as he shakes his head and walks in "Probably Cinderella".

3. We've been in stranger-danger mode since the attempted kidnapping. Amelia is leery of anyone on a good day. Even the people she knows. We're walking around church at the children's ministries kickoff Sunday night and our pastor comes up and starts talking to us. Amelia just looks at him out of the corner of her eye and waves. She won't move an inch. I explain about the stranger discussions we've been having and he leans down and gave her a big hug and kiss and explained again who he was.

4. Jason and I have always insisted the kids call everyone Mr. or Miss. Isabella sometimes gets a little confused about what she's supposed to call people if they have an actual title. I have a friend that she knows is a doctor and she insists on calling her Dr Miss Jenny. She also says Miss Lt COL or Miss Nurse Emilea. Fancy.

5. Isabella enjoyed open house last week. She was ecstatic to find out that her teacher has long brown curly hair and a baby that is Drew's age. She saw her room, unpacked her school supplies, and even bought a magnet and tshirt for school spirit day.

6. Drew isn't closer to walking. He has been pushing a noodle around the swimming pool, completely standing upright and at home he runs behind his train. He just won't take more than three or four steps alone.

7. Bella has been asking me since open house if today is the first day of kindergarten. I can't believe that today is actually the first day of kindergarten. Bella can hardly stand it she's so excited. Amelia is devastated and has been sobbing since Monday around 2:30 PM. My emotions fall somewhere in the middle of my two girls.

8. Open house is today at preschool. We know who are teachers are and have been carrying around there pictures on and off for three weeks. We're still going to actually see the rooms, hear about what they're doing this year and find out who is actually in their class.

9. Choir begins tomorrow night. I know I've talked about it before but I'm a little nervous about teaching three year olds music. Teaching? No problem. Three year olds? I'm your girl. I'm ready to have a great time and I'm not really concerned with how in-tune they are. Or is it off-tune? I may need to refresh my musical terminology before tomorrow.

10. Last but not least, this one deserves mentioning as well. As I was taking Isabella's picture this morning she said to me "Are you going to post this picture on Facebook?" I responded "Yes" She said, "Okay, I know you want all your good friends to see me on my first day of kindergarten." This follows our previous conversation where Isabella and Amelia determined that if you were not Jason or I's facebook friend, you weren't really our "good" friend. Where do they come up with this stuff?

No comments: