www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Drew is walking as you can see in the video below. He's not completely steady on his feet but he's getting there. He'll be chasing after his big brother and sisters any day now.

2. We ended the week at the pool for a birthday party. What a great way to spend Friday night in the summer.

3. Bella loved her first week of kindergarten. She loves her teacher, her friends and riding the bus home.

4. Bella has homework every night. She's practicing her penmanship every night and is trying so hard to get better.

5. Amelia finished her first week of big girl preschool. She loves being upstairs and is hoping to learn to write all her letters this year.

6. Will loves to paint in his new class. He is learning to share toys more with his friends and follow directions from his teachers.

7. Jason has officially started classes and doesn't think they are going to be too difficult, just time consuming.

8. Amelia loves puzzles. She puts several together every afternoon after nap and she is getting faster and faster at them. I'm not a puzzle person at all and I'm really impressed with her almost four puzzle skills.

9. If you are a person that prays, please keep my good friend in your prayers. She's currently pregnant with her second baby, in her 28th week and on bedrest. Drew has his appointment with the pediatric surgeon in two weeks. We will find out then when his belly button surgery will be scheduled. This is a minor procedure, complicated by his asthma.

10. Several people have been asking me lately about weight loss. It's getting a little embarrassing because I'm finally getting back to what I normally look like. If you know me here, I've apparently lost a dramatic amount of weight since I've been pregnant. If you know me before the four kids in five years, I look pretty much like I always did. No one seems to believe this since I'm so large pregnant and that's how they're used to seeing me. Either way, thank you for the very nice compliments but I promise you I have no big secrets to share. I'm not taking a magic drug. I don't and have never done any of the popular proven weight loss plans. I watch what I eat but I believe in eating everything in moderation. If I want a brownie, I eat a brownie. I just don't eat an entire pan. I drink diet soda, water and milk. I tried P90X and loathed every minute of it. Really, I just walk. A lot. Four miles, at least five days a week with some enjoyable company. So for the inquiring minds, there you go :)

No comments: