www.simplicitybychristy.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

and now I'm sentimental

Several posts ago, I said I was super glad this was my last pregnancy. I was and I am. I'm so sad this is my last baby and wish that for a little while I could stop time. Or at least slow it down a bit. Drew is over two weeks old now and I feel like time is flying by too quickly. We had his newborn photos taken this weekend and I was extremely nervous because the kid does not like to be naked. This girl does not like to be peed and pooped on and that always happens when a diaper is removed. (I am happy to report, I escaped but Jason did not :) Before the session Christy asked me what shots were most important to me because babies do get tired of having their pictures taken. I requested shots of all of the kids together. This is an impossible task for me to accomplish on my own. As soon as I pull out my camera they strike their usual "mom pose" chin back and the biggest cheese grin you can imagine. They cooperate for Christy and she always manages to get an image that captures all of them perfectly. Of course I also wanted Andrew by himself. I love the newborn stage. I feel like I blink and it's over and most of the time I am so exhausted there are parts of it I can't even remember. Right now Andrew is so peaceful and quiet and there is nothing I would rather do than snuggle with my sleeping baby. I wanted images that capture that peacefulness. A year from now when he is climbing all over everything and eating out of my trash can, I want to be able to look back and remember he really was this little once, he really was this calm.

Thank you Christy for always doing such an amazing job.
http://simplicitybychristy.blogspot.com/2009/07/4th-one-is-charm.html

No comments: