www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, July 26, 2009

summer dance

Another summer session of dance is complete. Bella was in a creative movement class this summer and really enjoyed herself. I've said it before and I'll say it again..Bella loves to dance and would do it every single night if she could. This summer was no exception. She loved having the freedom to dance the way she wanted and learning new things. She told me she is ready to get back to tap and ballet soon though.
Bella does this move at home all the time, without the barre.



Amelia asked me all last year when she could take dance class. Before summer session started, I asked her again if she was sure she wanted to dance. I have no doubt she can dance but I wondered if she would be a fan once she realized "dance" required attending a class without her big sister and without her mom. The first two classes she cried and then she settled down. Every week I asked Miss Melissa if she was okay or cried the entire class, apparently once the doors closed, she loves dance and does all the activities. (I refuse to send a "crier" into class that disrupts and distracts the other dancers.) Of course during parent week all she did was tear up and wouldn't do anything unless Bella stood right by her. A huge thanks to Miss Melissa for having the patience to deal with my Cowardly Lion and for allowing Bella to dance with her.


hopefully she finds her courage soon.

with their teacher Miss Melissa. The girls adore her!

No comments: