www.simplicitybychristy.com

Thursday, July 23, 2009

swimming lessons

Isabella and Amelia have been taking swimming lessons all summer. Bella was a bit skeptical of the water last summer and couldn't stand to get her face wet. I was a little leery when classes started and hoped I wouldn't have to fight her to go each week. She is doing great, looks forward to class and now puts her entire head completely under water. For her this is huge and she is so proud of herself! She asks to go to the big pool every day and doesn't complain at all when people splash her (another big bonus).


Amelia is also doing fantastic. She usually demonstrates with the teacher in class and loves to practice kicking. Her teacher told Jason she is ready to move from the parent/child class to the preschool class. I have no doubt she has the skills to advance but I'm not sure if she would be a fan of swimming without Jason beside her. We have to keep reminding ourselves she is only 2.5 and not as old as she sometimes acts.


I am so proud of the girls for all they have accomplished in swimming lessons. I hope after the next session is complete I will have two little fish.

No comments: