www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, July 11, 2009

my poor little man

We had our second bee sting of the summer yesterday. This time Will got stung by a wasp and had a pretty fast reaction to the sting. I was sitting on the patio and the kids were all playing on the swing set when Bella yelled that he had gotten stung. I started to walk down to them to see what was going on and at this point Will was still sitting on the picnic table and wasn't even crying. All of a sudden he started screaming and shaking his hand. I looked at it and saw a little blister and a small hole but no stinger. I brought him into the house to clean it off and make sure the stinger was actually out of his finger. By the time I got him in the house and sat him on the counter, his entire finger was swollen and getting bigger by the second. I gave him some Benadryl and started mixing up some baking soda to put on it while I called the pediatrician and Jason. By this time he couldn't even move his finger and the swelling had gone into his middle finger and thumb. He was screaming and would barely sit still for me to apply the baking soda and ice. Thankfully he was screaming so I knew his breathing was fine. The pediatrician's office called me back immediately and called again an hour later to check on him. The pediatrician recommended applying wet tobacco to the area so we will be buying some to keep in the house in case we ever need it. His hand was swollen most of yesterday but seems to have gone down almost completely this morning. It was pretty scary for me and I really hope this was a one time reaction.

Here is a picture I took about an hour after the sting. The swelling had started to go down by then.

1 comment:

Baker's Venom Cleanser for Sting Cure said...

With the beginning of summer comes the blooming of trees, gardens and flowers, which in turn attracts bees and wasps of all kinds. But that is not the end of the worry of a sting. Many stings take place during the fall months. Reason being, bees and wasps are cold blooded insects and they linger around people in order to absorb the body heat of humans, therefore increasing the chances of getting stung.

Last week, I witnessed a 4 year old girl with her hand and forearm swollen to her elbow, from a wasp sting that she received to her fingertip the day before. The sight of her hand and arm brought tears to my eyes because I knew that if she had had Baker's Venom Cleanser Bee Sting Cure
BeeStingCure.com available when see was stung, none of her discomfort would have elevated to that extreme point of swelling and discomfort.

Our web site has under gone some new additions worth taking a look at. Old news commentary video footage from 1988 has been added to YouTube.com/BeeStingCure and the link is available at our site.