www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Change the World

So proud of this ballerina and her third year of dance. She was a pro this year. Excited, calm and not a tear anywhere. Next year she will have three dances!! She can't wait!

This picture makes me laugh. This is going into the VBC at 9AM for A's morning recital. We didn't leave that day until 3PM, after B's afternoon recital. It was a looooooong day. We even ate lunch there.. with the two little brothers. Who were troopers. Maybe. Or monkeys. Bella did not arrive ready and she wasn't happy about not wearing her stage face. It was just too long to sit in all that hairspray and makeup. Mascara and eyeliner are not a seven year old's friend. It was 90 degrees that day and it was HOT. This picture makes me laugh though because Amelia face is heavy outside and onstage, it was perfect.
And Miss Bella.. this is her 5th year of dance.
This year I honestly watched her with tears in my eyes. Last year was miserable for both of us. I wasn't quite sure she would ever get on stage again. I wasn't sure she would ever love dance again. I struggled week after week to convince her to go. She begged me to let her quit. This from a child that used to want to dance every.single.day. I convinced her to try again. Just give me one more year. This year, I watched her confidence soar because of her teachers. They were amazing and really made all the difference in her experience and outlook. I watched my child's love for dance come back a little week after week.
At recital she was ready and she delivered. I am so proud of this girl.


Singing In The Rain, not the best picture but the only one in her tap costume. We had a quick change this year, only six dances total in between dances. So fast that Bella doubled her tights. She wore the tan under the pink. She wasn't so excited about this at first until I told her I used to do this when I danced. Still not convinced. Then Mrs. Scarlett talked to her, she was sold of course :) She loves that Mrs. Scarlett..so thankful for the positive influences my girls have in their lives!!

No comments: