www.simplicitybychristy.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

preschool begins

The girls started preschool on Tuesday. This is Bella's second year and she goes three days a week. She asked to go every day but I thought she should enjoy her last year of semi-freedom. I hear kindergarten is very serious and I don't want her to get burnt out with school this early. Bella was happy to be back and knew several of her classmates from last year. She is our social butterfly and adores being around people. She loves her school and was so happy to be back. She picked out her own clothes for the first day. Can you believe this is what she chose to wear?
Amelia was excited about school all weekend. She was ready to go when she woke up, couldn't wait to get dressed, carry her pink polka dot backpack and have a "super fun" day making crafts. It was a good sign and I was hopeful drop-off would go smoothly. She marched in to class smiling, let the teacher take off her backpack and turned around fighting back tears. "I want to go with you" she told me. I gave her a kiss and told her to be brave. I wasn't going to make any crafts today and I was not going to have "super fun" at the doctor's office without her. I half expected a phone call from the preschool that morning. She was all smiles when I picked her up and I was overwhelmed with relief. Her teacher told me she was very grown up, patient and played great with her classmates. I am so proud of her.

No comments: