www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

one month checkup

Today I took Drew to the doctor for his one month check-up. He weighed in at 10 pounds 13 ounces! I could not believe it. He is having a lot of trouble after he eats and last week began showing all the signs for reflux. (Amelia also had it so I knew exactly what was happening.) Drew went from sleeping peacefully to screaming uncontrollably, vomiting after every meal and throwing himself backwards as stiff as a board. Nothing we did calmed him down. The pediatrician also put him on Zantac and recommended we switch to a formula specifically for reflux babies. We gave him the medicine and the new formula and for the first time all week, he actually went to sleep after he ate tonight. I hope this is a sign of good things to come for our little man.
The pediatrician also confirmed that the red mark under and around Drew's eye is a hemangioma. This is not the news I was hoping for. Hemangiomas usually disappear on their own but can cause complications when located around the eyes, nose and mouth. Right now our pediatrician is just going to watch it because Drew is so little. He said it will probably continue to grow and eventually will disappear all together. I know this is a minor thing but I am still worried about it. Especially because it involves his eye. I'm praying that it doesn't grow and cause more serious problems.

No comments: