www.simplicitybychristy.com

Thursday, January 15, 2009

monkeying around


This morning I shut myself in the laundry room to take come clothes out of the dryer and transfer clothing from the washer to the dryer. Will loves the laundry room and tries to climb in the washer and dryer any time I'm doing laundry. To avoid a battle of wills (no pun intended) I decided to just close the door behind me this morning. All three children were happily entertaining themselves in the toy room and the task probably took less than 5 minutes start to finish. I was in the middle of hanging some stuff up when I heard Will screaming uncontrollably. I ran out and saw him wedged behind the half wall ledge and the back of the couch. His head and arms were the only thing sticking out and he was screaming bloody murder. It had to have just happened or the "little mothers" always watchful of their brother would have immediately come to get me. I tried to pull him up and over the couch with no luck. Pushing him down so he could crawl out wasn't an option either, his head was to big. Our couch has a recliner in each end and is so heavy and awkward to move. Holding Will up and pushing the couch out from the side was nearly impossible.
.
The little monkey came away with a black eye (I'm sure the first of many) and several bruises. He looks pretty awful. I'm not quite sure how he managed to scale the wall and fall between in and the couch. There was nothing nearby for him to stand on. As soon as he calmed down he was back in the toy room trying to climb on top the girls kitchen

1 comment:

Christopher And Dina said...

Oh my goodness Erin! Glad the little guy is okay... :(