www.simplicitybychristy.com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

a happy surprise to a crappy week

It is a well known fact that I have a serious love for Nordstrom's. It began many years ago at Easton and continued in San Diego and Dallas. You would have thought I won the lottery when a Nordie's opened at the Galleria. It is hands down my all time favorite store. I worked in retail myself for years and value truly good customer service. Nordstrom is top notch. We don't have a Nordstrom's anywhere around here and have to make do with two other big name department stores. Both of which have strict return policies even if merchandise is defective. That being said 9 times out of 10, I will order something on-line from Nordies and willingly pay the shipping before purchasing the same item in-store here. I know it may seem silly but it's important to me to be loyal to stores that really value their customers.

We have had a really crappy week in the Ross house. It's always rough when we come back from vacation but this week has been especially difficult. The kids are still amped up from Christmas and re-adjusting to their rules and schedules and it has been pouring down rain all week. The girls especially have been fighting me tooth and nail on absolutely everything. Will has been screaming all week. I think he has another ear infection and will find out for sure tomorrow. My ears are actually ringing from all the screaming and commotion. To make a bad week worse, my faithful pair of Uggs ripped. I was so mad. Now Uggs aren't for everyone (Jason and my brother despise them) but I love them and wear them every single day. I know they should last for years and not tear. When I was placing my order for a new pair on-line I decided to call the customer service department at Nordies and see if this is a common problem other customers experience. After explaining the situation the very nice man offered to exchange the shoes, without me even asking, for a brand new pair. I was actually in shock.

My love affair with Nordies continues.

No comments: