www.simplicitybychristy.com

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. The girls got their back to school haircuts yesterday. Both girls decided to get two inches taken off. Thankfully it was enough to get the green out of Amelia's hair.

2. Drew is now sleeping in his big boy bed in his big boy room. With his big brother. That's a lot of big. And that means we're officially finished with the crib.

3. On the very first night in his big bed, I heard Will say "Drewby get back in your bed now. You aren't allowed to get out of your bed and run around." He is such a good big brother.

4. I have slowly been weaning myself off of Diet Mt Dew for almost three weeks now. I got it down to one soda a day, at dinner and it started keeping me awake at night. So for the past five days I have only had water to drink. NOTHING but water. This is huge for me. I love Diet Mt Dew..

5. I am really hoping these kids learn to sleep through the night again sometime soon. I like sleep. I like getting around 7-8 hours of sleep but definitely 6 hours uninterupted. I do not like wiping bottoms in the middle of the night. Especially when I'm not drinking any caffeine.

6. Sammy is finally back from the beach. I thought she moved there forever.. This is what Will told me this week. Will will be extra happy to see his Sammy this week. It's a good day when Sammy and Christina come over, I tell ya.

7. I have a slight obsession with Pinterest. If you haven't checked it out and you aren't on it, you need to. It is fabulous and I can't get enough of it. And no, it is not like facebook..

8. We have chosen Isabella's first day of school outfit. If you know Isabella, this is a big deal. We shall see if this is in fact what she actually wears to school.

9. Isabella asked me this week if she is actually attending school on the first day like everyone else or if she has to wait until the second. She also asked if I was absolutely positive that Mrs. H wasn't moving up to teach first grade with her. I wish!!

10. We enjoyed a lovely summer of Mother's Morning Out at church. Thank you to all involved in this program and for taking care of my children. On the last day I enjoyed eight hours to myself - went shopping, had lunch and laughed with my friend! It was fabulous!!

No comments: