www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. There is nothing sweeter than hearing "I love you" in the softest little voice by my now two year old boy Drew.

2. Ahh, Drew is two. How in the world did that happen? I'm still kind of on the fence about it honestly..

3. In all seriousness I am not one of those "Let's be 25 forever" kind of girls. But but I kind of think of myself as 25 because that's when I got married and started having kids. Rapidly. Except now I'm actually not close to 25 anymore.. I'm 25 plus seven. And let's be serious it stinks to be in the 25 plus seven box..

4. School starts in three weeks. I know it will be a little sad but I am ready for some structure to come back into our lives. I am also ready for Jason to not be in class 4 nights a week.

5. Jason finally received his RFO and is awaiting actual orders. A huge sigh of relief. We will begin shipping some household goods as soon as his orders are received.

6. Mr. Leith has arrived back in town for the next month to attend school. He is a fan favorite with my kids and the only thing that would make them happier is if he was staying with us or if his entire family was moving here.

7. Nene, Poppy and Granny surprised us with a visit for Drew's 2nd Birthday! The kids were excited to see them and spend the weekend with them.

8. We have been working on writing with Will. He really get very frustrated with the W and sits and pouts about it. He repeatedly asks me to help him which really means he wants me to do it for him. I just wish he could write already :)

9. Yesterday we went swimming at the wilderness pool aka our neighborhood pool. Seeing as I'm such a wilderness girl, it's perfect. Last year, I had to chase a huge skink lizard out and this year we've had frogs and worms in the water. So there I am standing in the water with the girls and what comes running in towards us? A huge squirrel. Seriously?

10. I am not sure if I have mentioned it or not but at the beginning of the summer I bought Will a brand new orange bathing suit with dinosaurs on it. Super cute. I was sure it would be his absolute favorite because it is orange. Every single day I get the suit down for him to wear and he refuses. He asks for the blue suit or the turtle. Finally he says, I can't wear the dinosaur suit Mama. Dinosaurs have sharp teeth. They are scary. That bathing suit scares me. I can't wear it.

No comments: