www.simplicitybychristy.com

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Yesterday was Independence Day..my absolute favorite holiday besides Christmas. I hope that you stopped to remember the soldiers who have fought and those that continue to fight to keep our country free.

2. We went over to our neighbors house for some fireworks and sparklers. Will was waving around his old fashioned enormous sparkler like a wand and one of the girls said touch my head like the Fairy Godmother does. Will replied, I can't. I'll catch your hair on fire.

3. Amelia did twirl and wave her sparkler around like the Fairy Godmother and the tip went flying off right into the grass, setting it on fire. Bella did the same thing and sent sparks flying into the "audience"..

4. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I walk in the morning with my neighbor Heather at 5:30. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do not get a hug first thing in the morning when the girls come running down the stairs to see me. I stink and need a shower. They blow me a kiss and tell me they'll hug me later.

5. Amelia announced this week that it is time for us to have another baby. I said we can't have anymore babies. She looked at me rather puzzled and said just go to the doctor and pick one up..

6. Amelia was practicing writing her letters and a few words yesterday. She wrote several letters and then looked up at me and said how do I write "LMNToe-P"

7. I have never seen two girls fight over a boy like my girls fight over Drew. All I can say is I hope that some day they don't happen to actually like the same boy when they are older because we will be in trouble..if this is how they argue over their brother.

8. I am starting the search for Beyonce's brother. Except I want Beyonce's brother to be ENORMOUS and paint him to look like Kiss. Maybe 10 feet tall not five. I am going to name him Gene Simmons and plant him outside the office of my most special friend. 15 years is big metal chickens don't ya know.

9. Amelia has been swimming so much this summer that her hair has turned green. It happens to everyone but was honestly a first for us. We're treating with a special shampoo, conditioner and leave-in spray..

10. A surprise visit next week from Nene, Poppy and Granny Willy.. The kids don't know but Will is going to be surprised when Nene shows up for dinner on Thursday night for Drew's birthday cake.

No comments: