www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's not goodbye friends, it's see ya later

Well the time has finally come. I have put it out of the back of my mind and have kind of lived in a state of denial all summer long. One of my closest friends is finally leaving. I have barely allowed this fact to register probably because a part of me has held out some great hope that things would change and they would stay. Probably because I can function better for myself and for my friend, if I am not a moping and crying all summer. Seriously who wants to come swim with Eeyore? I wanted this summer to be normal. I didn't want every conversation to be about moving. Or leaving. Or think about August where my friend would just be gone. I tell her to sneak out in the middle of the night without saying goodbye. And I'm serious, and I may have to hunt her down at the same time. I hate goodbyes. Especially with one of my closest friends who I am going to miss every single day..
.
I know it probably may sound bizarre to some people. But I love my friend. I love her girls. She is one of the sweetest, kindest, most giving people I have ever met. I am a better person for knowing her. She keeps me grounded. She makes me laugh. She keeps my head from spinning off of my body some times when I am seeing red. I will miss her most a week from Monday when we go back to school and I don't see her every single day. When I can't walk out my door and see her or talk to her on the playground everyday. She will not be Will's teacher this year or Drew's next year. That makes me sad. I will not get to have Sassafrass in my class like I thought. Sassafrass, who tells me, Mrs. Erin sit by me I'm your very best friend in here. Bella and Amelia love her older girls and I know there wouldn't be two sweeter friends for them to have. Her husband was a good man and I am sad that he and Jason didn't have the opportunity to spend more time together before he left.
Sigh...As sad as I am for myself and as much as I will miss my friend. And believe me, she will be greatly missed, I know that there are great things awaiting my friend and her family. There are great people waiting to meet her. I tease her that I'm not going to like her new friends and I'm waiting to see who the new "me" is. But I know they will be wonderful because she is that amazing. I will miss her every single day. I am happy for her and can't wait to see and hear about the great things they are going to do.
We will be here cheering you on, louder than anyone else.

It's not goodbye Reinaldas, it's see ya later. We love you.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: