www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Granny, Grami, Nene and Poppy have come and gone. So have the smiles and now the tears.. Grandparents are much more fun than Mama and Daddy.

2. School is out and the youngest three chilren have started summer vacation. Bella begins hers next week.

3. Someone asked me yesterday if I was excited about summer vacation.. I'm excited to sleep in. I am serious when I say that I would sell an internal organ for a nanny and a cleaning lady to help out with the creatures that overtake my house during this lovely so-called vacation.

4. On the first day of vacation Drew locked himself in the upstairs bedrooms six times before 10AM and then screamed until I came and let him out. Each time I left him in there a little longer to get my point across. Mean, maybe but I knew where he was and that boy has got to learn.

5. Amelia has a horrible habit of getting out of her bed every night and at rest time during the day. I am tired of dealing with it and the new solution is, no pool time for her the next day if she doesn't stay in bed.

6. Dance recital was Saturday. THe girls did such a great job and I am so proud of them!

7. We find out this week where Jason's next job assignment will be.
Maybe. This is the Army we're talking about after all.

8. Bella's end of the year program was on Friday. She was so cute singing with her class and so happy to have all her grandparents there to watch her perform.

9. Tornado sirens went off here again on Sunday. I thought my heart was literally going to beat right out of my chest when I heard them. Three of the kids were with my parents and I was terrified. Thankfully nothing came of it but if I never hear another siren again it will be too soon.

10. We had AWANA awards on Sunday. Bella completed her entire book and the review! Amelia completed her first year for Cubbies. Both of the girls love AWANA and are sad to be finished until fall.

No comments: