www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. It has been twelve days since the tornados hit..the little kids everywhere to include my own are used to hearing talk about it now. When they are playing you can hear, "take shelter the tornado is coming" "you'll have to go to your own shelter, this shelter is full" "look at all the damage the tornado left"

2. After several rides with the Red Cross I never, thought I would ever look at a house with tarps nailed to were the roof used to be and think..well this damage isn't so bad..

3. After every ride I took with the Red Cross Bella would ask me when I returned, "Did you help Mrs. H tonight? Did you make it to her house?" Every night I would answer, "not tonight baby." and she would say, "well there's always tomorrow night."

4. On my last and final ride, on the very last street we turned onto the very first house was Mrs. H's..and I couldn't stop the tears. After we finished the route, I got out of the truck and stood in that front yard and just cried..for Mrs H and for all the people of Alabama.

5. My children have seen enough pictures of the devastation that they want to give away their own belongings to help some of the other children. Bella would single handedly sponsor little Luke. And I would second the nomination..

6. The past fourteen days has given me a new perspective on things and what is important. Family, friendships, material things, and people in general. People always say if you lost everything what would you try and save. If you were faced with disaster what would you do?

7. Bella had field day today in the toasty 90 degree heat. She has enjoyed every second of kindergarten and hasn't realized that she will be leaving soon.

8. I have 7 days of school left. I love it but yes, I'm counting. The pool is calling my name and Amelia's and Will's. We are ready.

9. Two days until Nashville. I'm looking forward to a weekend away with some of my favorite girls.

10. Jason is really looking forward to being home alone with four kids this weekend. To top it off - 8AM soccer game. Fantastic. He's super dad..he's totally got this.
10.

No comments: