www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, November 20, 2010

a little more bling

Bella has been asking me since the beginning of school when she could get her ears pierced. After a little discussion, Jason and I decided that for safety reasons she had to wait until the end of soccer season. Soccer ended the last weekend in October and I decided to wait her out a little bit more. I wanted to make sure this was really something she wanted to do. More importantly I wanted to make sure that this time she was going to go through with it. You see, when she was about four she decided that she wanted her ears pierced.
Her dad was out of town, of course because when all drama related incidents occur Jason is always out of town. Bella had been asking to get it down then for about six weeks and one day at the mall she asked and I said fine, lets go. So off to Libby we go. She sits in the chair and they mark her ears off. All goes well. We pick out the earrings. We look at them again and make sure those are the ones she wants. She watches them pull them out and load them in the instrument. They put them up to her ears and she starts screaming like a banshee. I mean literally carrying on. I used to pierce ears. Lots of ears. This is not a big deal and is over in a split second. I calm her down. I have her sit on my lap. They draw the guns again and the banshee is unleashed. Again. She carried on so much that her baby brother and sister were now hysterical and I rode the elevator down with three screaming kids. Once I got to the bottom, the makeup ladies were talking about the screaming kid who didn't want to get her ears pierced. Hello, let me introduce you to the screaming kid. I swore that she would not get her ears pierced until she could sign her own legal paperwork permitting her to do so. I asked her about it every once in a while and she gave me an adamant "No. I am not getting my ears pierced. Ever."
Then we start kindergarten and she starts talking about earrings again. I have flashbacks to the Libby incident and just in case the Hulk comes out again, I sent Jason. Of course this time she is calm, doesn't even cry and gets her ears pierced. The Hulk is no where to be found and neither are the tears.

No comments: