www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I took the littlest man for a well baby this week. He was behind on a set of shots and needed to catch up before his one year well baby in TWO months. Oh my goodness. He weighed in at 22 pounds 10 ounces and measured 29 inches long. He's a big boy.

2. A tooth has finally been spotted on the bottom right. Maybe Drew will have one tooth by the time he's one and walking. Maybe.

3. Spent the weekend at the pool with the kids. It was awesome and I think we'll be camped out there all summer.

4. Another resident decided to test their new kayak in the pool on Saturday morning. We're swimming and in walks the man and his boat. All my kids are already in the water and Bella stands up, looks at me skeptically and says, "Is he really going to put that in the pool?" Of course she had to stop what she was doing to go inspect what he was doing. She was quite certain he was going to drown and she told me she wasn't jumping in after a crazy person in a boat. In a swimming pool. My thoughts exactly.

5. Jason comes home in three days. We never make it through a trip of any kind without a plumbing or appliance disaster and this was no exception. The washing machine decided to act up yesterday. Hopefully this is not a repeat of last year when I was without a machine for five weeks.

6. I have to say this trip has really made me think about our soldiers overseas, their families and their sacrifices. 547 or 365 is a lot worse than 30. Thank you for putting things into perspective and reminding me that it's not always as bad as it seems. We take things a day at a time and we'll get through it. Until they all come home..

7. Today is my good friend's birthday and a few of us went for pedicures while the kids were in school. It was nice to relax with my friends.

8. We met our new babysitter yesterday and I have to say I think Will has a little bit of a crush on her. She is pretty cute. I just hope he behaves and she's willing to come back more than once.

9. Tuesday = dinner with my favorite redheads. I have to say Mama redhead has us all eating our vegetables. And I'm not talking pickles and ketchup. I'm talking actual vegetables that grow in the ground.. who would have thought.

10. Bella's new favorite outfit is a denim skirt and a plain white tank top or white short sleeve shirt. Boring. We've gone around and around about this. I've tried to talk her into other shirt options. She has a rainbow of color in her closet to choose from. Today I looked at myself in the mirror as I was getting ready out and what am I wearing? jeans and a black tank top. It's part of my uniform. Maybe it's part of her's too.

No comments: