www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the handy man

My Dad is the handiest man I know. He can fix or build anything. This weekend when he came to visit, I asked him if he could build a gate for the deck. Drew is crawling all over and is more interested in going down the steps than staying on the deck. Jason decided he didn't want to put up a metal gate, he wanted a wooden one. My Dad said he would take a look and see what he could come up with. We went to Lowe's on Sunday. I say we because my purpose was solely to finance the operation. (I know nothing about anything other than appliances in Lowes.) My Dad was all business and chose his lumber like he was choosing a new car. Checking every piece and pushing several pieces to the back. Most of the time I was on my phone answering emails but I became more interested in his selection process the more particular he became. We came home with all our supplies and he had the gate built and installed within two hours. Amazing. But I didn't expect anything less from my Dad because he is amazing.

No comments: