www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ten on tuesday

1. The terrible two's with a two year old boy are way worse than the terrible two's with a two year old girl. That's all I'm going to say about that..

2. Good thing I'll be an expert in 12 months when I get to experience the terrible two's again with another little boy.

3. Potty training week one is over and we are back in diapers. Will had two accidents in his underwear and he totally freaked out. He wanted nothing to do with them after that. I don't want to push him too hard so I let him put the diapers back on. Guess who's putting himself on the potty now?

4. When I typed this post, I've spent 221 hours of constant togetherness with the littlest members of our family. That's a lot of togetherness.

5. Drew has picked this week of all weeks to start cutting teeth. Pretty awesome given all the togetherness and drug recalls on the market. It's also made me realize sadly, I'm not 22 anymore and I can't survive for days on 3-4 hours of sleep.

6. Drew likes to suck his thumb and his toes while he's eating his dinner. It's really messy and drives me totally crazy.

7. I took all four children to the grocery store this week. I forgot how much I really dislike grocery shopping with all the children. We're like a circus sideshow and everyone has to stop and talk to us. Really, they're all mine. Do you think I'd be insane enough to bring four children that are not my own into a grocery store?

8. If you're my friend on facebook you already know about our run-in with the peace protest. It still disgusts me, even days later that a group of people would march on the street with a sign that says "soldiers suck". I wanted to pull over and throw them in the back of my van and drive them to the nearest recruiting station. Some people need to learn a thing or two about service and sacrifice.

9. Two houses have sold on our street this week. Are you my new neighbor? I'm hoping for some kids for Isabella and Will to play with.

10. We're having dinner tonight with our favorite redheads. I can't wait for a night of adult conversation and the kids are excited to play with their friends.

1 comment:

The Thackers said...

Hang in there Erin!! Happy Mother's Day! Im excited to see you next week!