www.simplicitybychristy.com

Monday, March 29, 2010

getting ready for Easter

This weekend didn't exactly turn out the way we had hoped it would. I took Bella to see the Passion Play at our church on Friday night. I was a little leery of how she would handle the actual scenes of Jesus being put on the cross. They have been learning about this in Sunday school and she has been asking a lot of questions. Some friends of mine were in the play and after asking there advice, we decided to let her go. She was not a fan of how Jesus was treated, of course, and she didn't understand how anyone would put him up on a cross like that. I think seeing it helped answer some of her questions and I'm glad I took her. I did have to laugh at her on Sunday morning. I turned into the church parking lot and I hear her exclaim from the backseat "Jesus is BEHIND us! Jesus is driving the car behind us!" She saw him go into the children's building, pointed him out to Amelia, and almost made us late to class watching hime. We saw him when we were picking up Will from class and she stood in awe of him. We had planned on going to the play again Sunday night but the girls both woke up from naps with a fever. Drew had been running a fever since Saturday and Will has an ear infection. Since we couldn't leave the house, we decided to dye our Easter eggs a little early this year. We have a lot planned for the week and I'm hoping it was just a 12/24 hour virus.

The kids were in a picture taking mood while we waiting on the eggs. I'm usually behind the camera and agreed to pose with them while we waited.

kisses from one of my favorite men.

Isabella was very specific that the eggs be just the right color this year.

Amelia is in a phase of making faces.

Will says cheese every single time I take his picture.

sweet little wee-man. Even with a 102 fever he was all smiles for his mama.

No comments: