www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, September 20, 2009

news..

I bet most of you saw that headline and thought she is pregnant..again! In the past that would be correct but this time it is a different kind of news. We have made some pretty big decisions recently and I finally have a second to share the news.

Jason and I have decided to stay here for school and hopefully beyond. Shocking, considering how much I love the weather here, right? We had hoped to move home for Jason to attend graduate school but we found out that he is only allowed a maximum of 18 months to complete his masters. OSU is a 2 year program and I don't want to go through the hassle of two additional moves for 18 months. The kids love it here and I hate to uproot them unless we absolutely have to. After weighing all the pros and cons, we decided to stay here but move into town. I'm very tired of the 20-30 minute drive required to get to every activity and don't care for the school system we are currently zoned for.

We listed our house last Friday. We are hoping for a quick sale (isn't everyone?) so we don't have to deal with the added stress of trying to sell a house. So far it has been a lot of extra work and I mean A LOT. William Wonder Boy is not so big on cleanliness these days. He likes to empty the toy boxes and book shelves several times a day and pull entire shelving units out of closets onto the floor. Jason met with the builder again today and we are going to have several meetings in the next few weeks designing our new house. The builder requires that everything is finalized before he even breaks ground. I'm very excited but also slightly overwhelmed with all the details and decisions we have to make.

2 comments:

Simon and Molly said...

wow! exciting stuff! I hope that this decision brings you peace of mind, and certainly a very quick sale! Where and what are you going to build? send me an email!

Simplicity By Christy said...

Well Hello and you can't leave ME!! Silly goose.