www.simplicitybychristy.com

Saturday, September 5, 2009

this one's for Jeff

This week has been a total blur. Our schedule is packed full and there are days that we are constantly on the move. It makes the week go by very quickly. When I actually have a minute to sit down to write, I draw a complete blank. I know some of you have been looking for me and I will try to post more often. Sometimes those bonbons are just too tempting :)
Here are a few highlights...

Had a great playdate with Bella's friend from soccer/school and his little sister.

Bella had another soccer game. Attempting to keep six four year olds focused on a soccer game for an hour is pretty much like herding cats. They run in opposite directions, complain that it's too hot, would rather be climbing trees, doing cartwheels on the field (Bella) or crawling around pretending to be puppies.

Took Drew to the pediatrician's office. (I feel like we live at the pediatrician's office.) He had horrible chest congestion and a cough that was getting worse. Diagnosis: Bronchiolitis and an ear infection. Awesome. Nothing like your first antibiotic and albuterol at seven weeks old.

Increased Drew's reflux medicine to twice a day and saw significant improvement.

Will is showing a lot of interest in the potty. Bella got him up from his nap Tuesday and he walked out of the room, to the toilet and removed his diaper and used the toilet. He is making progress but I'm not sure if he's totally there just yet.

Saw a small snake in the stairwell of the girls' school. I am terrified of snakes regardless of the size. I managed not to scream and maneuver 2 toddlers over the snake and up the stairs while holding Drew.

Purchased another new baby swing. This is our FOURTH swing and I'm beginning to think these things are complete junk. Of course the only one I could find that did not require batteries in the style I liked is pink. So Drew is rocking out in his pink baby swing. In his pink room. Can you tell he is our fourth child?

Took all four kids to the grocery store. A huge accomplishment considering I despise grocery shopping and three kids helping only makes it that much more fun.

We hope that everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!!
P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks I needed my fix.