www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, June 21, 2009

weekend conversations

Friday afternoon the kids and I went to the grocery store. I have to say that I love shopping for anything. Anything that is except groceries. Two things happen every time we go grocery shopping 1)I always end up with things in my cart that I didn't put there 2)Things that I did put in the cart always find there way back to a random shelf. So I have become that woman at the grocery store that walks down the center of the aisle like she owns the place and no one can get around her and her big airplane grocery cart. I annoy even myself. We were almost finished with shopping when we reach the egg section. Amelia was insistent on buying brown eggs instead of white. In all honesty I have never had a brown egg and couldn't tell you a thing about them. I was afraid it would be like 2%, skim and whole milk and I can totally taste a difference between all three. So no brown eggs for us. Amelia insisted. She did not want white eggs. She wanted brown eggs. Brown eggs are chocolate eggs and she wanted chocolate eggs instead of the white ones.

Jason always takes the girls to swimming lessons. Today Bella wanted to ride in the truck instead of the minivan. (Who can blame her?) Jason is the truck's primary driver and doesn't have all the mommy goodies stocked like the minivan. Bella asked for some fruity gum and looked in the console. Jason had no idea what she was talking about and told her he was totally out of gum. She responded "dammit" and shut the console. I wish I could say "I don't know where she heard that from." Of course I would be lying. I never really thought she could hear me but since she used the correct tense and everything, I'm guessing she does. Jason told her that isn't a very nice word to say and he better not hear her say it again. I also got a language warning when Daddy came home. I'm going to have to watch what I say under my breath more closely.

No comments: