www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

cinderella makes house calls

It is a running joke in our house that I do the bulk of my shopping online. Maybe because ordering something online is easier than lugging three children to the store. Probably because I don't feel like driving to Nashville for a quality shopping experience. How I miss and long to have an Easton or Polaris 15 minutes away. Because I do the bulk of my shopping on-line I know the first name of both my current and previous UPS men. My first UPS man even gave me the name of an amazing and talented photographer, and I will be forever grateful. The kids have learned that in the afternoon, if our doorbell rings around 3PM it's more than likely Mr. Wade with a package.
I am almost finished with my Birthday and Christmas shopping and thankfully most of my packages have arrived inconspicuously. Yesterday a package arrived from the Disney store and had the Disney logo all over the outside of the box. Bella immediately saw it and asked me what Cinderella had sent to our house. I tried to downplay the boxes arrival and put it away quickly. Bella was insistent on opening it to see what had arrived from Cinderella's castle. I have to hand it to the marketing power at Disney. Not only do they have frequent commercials that entice children, they spend a few extra dollars to have their logos printed on the outside of their boxes. Anytime a box even arrives at your door, kids can tell where its from and if they are like mine, immediately start asking when they can go to Disney World. Genius!

No comments: