www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. We are officially two weeks into summer and I might be the only person looking forward to school starting back in the third week of August. Thank you Alabama legislature for the extra two weeks of summer.. my kids love school, I say that honestly, crave a set schedule and will literally be spinning there wheels at "home schooling" by the time this is all said and done.

2. I can honestly say I will never home school my kids. Bella asked me about it once and I laughed. I love teaching other peoples kids but I'm not teaching my own. No way, no how. In the words of their dad, You go to school.

3. Amelia is in a lovely phase where her clothes can't be tight enough. She's tying them off with rubber bands and showing her belly if I don't catch her. I feel like she's a walking advertisement for Jimmy's some days.

4. We are still recovering from VBS. My kids love a schedule and now that it is clear we're in a bit of a free fall.

5. Tomorrow begins summer Wednesdays at church. I LOVE summer Wednesdays at church and am so thankful for this program. It lets the kids think for four hours, they get to go back to "school" once a week.

6. Hmmm..no one is sleeping in their beds here. I am so tired that some mornings I wake up to run and there is someone sleeping beside me. I then have to wait until the escapee wakes up to complete my run. Over and over again. Its an every night thing. Most mornings I feel like Frank Jr Jr, I'm at 8 years now though.

7. I am searching for another cowboy and new keys. If you know us you know why.

8. Bella has decided we do not have enough children and would love a new baby. Because four isn't enough and ours are too old. Ummm-hmmm.

9. Tricare.. oh Tricare.. I didn't plan on spending my entire summer talking to you on the telephone. When I say I'm free for the summer it's not to work in your billing department pro-bono.

10. The girls are getting their haircuts today. It will be Amelia's first since her Locks of Love donation. She want's to try and grow it out again but I'm not sure that I have the patience for that again!

No comments: