www.simplicitybychristy.com

Monday, June 11, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - VBS edition

1. I love that my kids memorized the music CD start to finish in two days.

2. I love that we get to the same part of our drive each morning around 7AM and the kids, turn it up. "It" is our favorite song, three years running. "Say Yes to VBS" even Drew sings along now. And turn it up means, crank it. Loud. If you're behind us sorry. That truck is loud when it pulls into the church. Yea, I know.

3. I love that my kids come home every single day singing and talking about Jesus. Their hearts are filled with His love for them and they can't hear enough about Him.

4. I love seeing the light in the eyes of all the children walking through the church halls. The smiles on their faces and the laughter.

5. The workers that sacrifice and give so much to be here. So many have been out of school only days and I know that they are tired. Yet they come.. true servant hearts. I am so, so thankful for the workers.

6. I am so thankful for our ministers. This is a huge undertaking and a huge team effort. Everyone is involved and I am so thankful for their love of VBS.

7. I love the snacks. Where else can you get a brownie as big as your head? Or a graham cracker covered in icing?

8. I love that our pastor asked for a pair of goggles and wore them into the worship rally every day.

9. I love that the kids are excited about raising money for the downtown rescue mission and race to bring it to the front of church every day.

10. I love seeing the youth of our church interact with the children. These are wonderful examples for our children to look up to and they did an amazing job all week!

I LOVE VBS!!











1 comment:

Simon and Molly said...

I am so happy for you and the amazing church you are apart of. What a wonderful community! Very inspiring.