www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

because I've had enough..

So we have a neighborhood pool. A neighborhood pool that I pay $350 a year to use for three months. Not a bad price and not a price I mind paying. It was a one of my requirements when we moved actually - select a neighborhood with a pool.

And we chose this neighborhood. Because of the awesome school and the wonderful teachers and well, we liked the pool too. We had swam in it years before. But whatever...

So I come to this pool almost every day. We are water people and since there isn't a beach within driving distance every day, the pool it is. So we go. Always have. I took the kids every single day when I nannied and I take my own kids now. I don't care that there are four of them and that they were once babies, you go to the pool. If I gave birth to you, you learn to love the heat, the sun and the water. It's a right of passage and you're just lucky enough to do it in Alabama where it's 99 degrees and 75% humidity. Awesome.

Let me just say I love our neighborhood pool. It is not enormous but it gives me a chance to see people that I only see in the summer. It also gives us the opportunity to see others that, well, maybe we don't want to see. There's a certain behavior that's accepted and understood at the pool and certain behavior that, well, is not. If you're there frequently you understand.

- Pool toys that are on lawn chairs and are in bags are not free game. You have to ask the owner to use the toy. You also do not ever get into the bag of someone you don't know to get their toys out. No, no, no.

- If a toy is in the pool and the owner, even if she's 4 asks for her toy back, you give it to them. You don't act like throw mama from the train and say "my kid is playing with that fish right now. I promise we won't take it back to Cleveland with us."
You didn't bring the fish from Cleveland with you, give the fish back to Sally.

- smoking is gross. there is nothing i hate more than smoking, except poop, but I'll get to the poop. If you want to sit in a cloud of smoke great. The rest of us don't I like my kids lungs nice and pink without the risk of lung cancer while they are swimming.

- Just a reminder of where you are - you came to the pool. With water. Kids jump into the pool. Of water. You might get wet. If you don't want to get wet go sit by an empty pool. Without water.

- Same applies to squirt guns. You might occasionally get sprayed in the face. Its okay. Just water.

- iPhones are not for swimming pools. Don't yell at the kids because you're an idiot with your six hundred dollar phone in the pool. I sit with my iPhone in a plastic zippercase 6 feet away from water. Someone would have to require be rescued with an iCloud in the water.

- Dumpsters are for Trash. Every person has two hands and two feet and can make it to the dumpsters. No garbage collectors here.

- it is not so hot outside that you need to put the lawn chair in the pool.

- Swim diapers. I can't comprehend what is so hard about swim diapers. Some people do not wear swim diapers and we shut down the pool because regular diapers break the filters. Awesome. Other people to not wear swim diapers at all and there kids poop in the pool so the pool is shut down. Awesome. SWIM DIAPERS. $9.99 for a pack people. No one wants to swim in your poop. Not awesome.


No comments: