www.simplicitybychristy.com

Monday, September 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Well the days of scamming my dear youngest son are over. After dinner each child is sometimes presented with two cookies. Drew is still little and gets one. Saturday he actually met me in the pantry for his treat. I handed him his cookie, he pushed it away and said very loudly "TWO COOKIES. Please." There you have it..

2. Drew has always been more of a noticer than anything else. I picked him up from school this week and said "how was your day?" He said "Miss Laura no school" with the strangest look on his face..

3. Bella has been cracking us up with her comments lately. There was a coloring contest at school and when she told us what the prize was she said "that's not really the prize I was looking for."

4. Bella has set her sights on a certain second grade teacher for next year. This is going to be her teacher and she has told me frequently already. I have explained that she may not get the teacher she wants etc. Bella said, "Oh don't you worry Mama. I'm praying about it and this year I got a head start."
Oh dear..

5. Amelia and I went to the pumpkin patch on Monday with her pre-K class. A fantastic time was had by all. Amelia said "this was the best day ever" It made freezing in my wet jeans totally worth it.

6. Amelia asked me to take her shopping for a new shirt for her favorite team. She is a fan of the LSU tigers now. Oh brother.

7. The "the house divided" flag really is not large enough to accomodate our household now. Auburn, LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma State. Still waiting on the boys to determine their teams..

8. Since the baby shower, the girls are obsessed with all things baby. Seeing pictures of me pregnant, when they were born, where they were born, which of their friends were born in the same hospital as them..

9. Can we have another new baby puh-lease? Negative Nancy. The baby factory has moved on to another section of town..

10. Bella was looking in her baby book and asked if she was born in "PM" and everyone else was born in "AM". I had to explain that she was supposed to be born in the AM but oh yeah, there was a tornado the night before Bella was born. I spent the night hiding out in the bathtub, listening to the sirens, and when I went in for my scheduled c-section I had to wait 5 hours longer for an anesthesiologist and was just lucky they didn't cancel my procedure all together. It probably says in her baby book somewhere - I hate tornados. And I still do!

No comments: