www.simplicitybychristy.com

Sunday, December 26, 2010

so this is Christmas

I didn't really spend Christmas Eve the way I had envisioned I would. I originally had planned to spend a lazy day at home with the six of us before getting ready for the five o'clock candlelight service at church. Drew, however, had been having problems breathing all week and we had already taken and emergency visit to the doctor for a lung check and increased our breathing treatments. After speaking with the doctor that morning he thought it was best we head to the pediatric ER for treatment. Six hours later they finally agree we can come home but we are supposed to limit Drew's contact and keep him indoors.

Christmas morning comes and Jason has been sick all night. g.r.e.a.t. I relinquish my rights to the camera to try and make it easier on him. (Let me know if anyone wants to hire him for photos)




If you asked Will what he wanted for Christmas all he wanted was Woody, his horse and Buzz. He got Woody and his horse. Santa didn't bring Buzz because he already has a Buzz. He did bring the new movie but Will of course wants a new Buzz :)

Bella has been requesting anything Fashion Fairytale for months now. We had an almost meltdown when she didn't receive it for her birthday and she later gave it to several friends. "She didn't even get the Barbie! That is so not fair!" Then Amelia's birthday came and she got several of them. Oh, the drama. Little did she know I've been sitting on this DVD since it released. And the ornament too.

Amelia and Kit..

The girls checking out Ruthie. They were very excited about these dolls and have been playing with them since yesterday morning. I can't tell you how many times they've changed their clothes and brushed their hair already. Ruthie especially is sporting an afro.

Drew opening one of his little trains for his new table.

Let me say kuddos to all the cooks out there who actually enjoy preparing a big feast and spending hours in the kitchen doing so. I don't really fall into this category. I am capable of cooking and not so bad at it. Liking it is a totally different story. Late Tuesday night I was reading FB and saw a friend of mine planning a special "Christmas feast" since they were celebrating alone this year and she would be doing all the cooking. I commented something or other and went to bed. As I started to fall asleep, it came to me. I should be preparing this same special Christmas feast for my family and I got nothin. No ham or turkey or sweet potato in sight in this house. I could rummage up the always staple crescent roll but that's about it. To be honest I would be just fine with a Christmas pizza but the kids' memories are more important to me. So Jason went out and bought all our supplies and I cooked for five hours on Christmas day. It was a labor of love for the ones I love. Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

No comments: