www.simplicitybychristy.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Will and Amelia made a visit to the pumpkin patch with Nene last week. Amelia chose a white pumpkin and Will picked one with bumps. They also picked a white gord that looks exactly like a swan for their big sis.

2. I don't think we're going to make it to the huge pumpkin farm for our annual adventure this year. I just don't think I can walk around for that long quite yet. I'm disappointed to miss out on the "how tall this fall pictures".

3. We continue to lock ourselves in or get locked in to the childproofed rooms. We are s.m.a.r.t at this house.

4. One of my favorite babysitters called me this week to interview me for a school project. The one qualification: I'm in my 30s. I'm not just 30. I'm in them. It reminded me of when I was in my early 20s and had two very good friends that were 31 and 32. I thought that was SO old. I'd like to retract and previous statements made against 30 year old-age.

5. My girls have jumped on the Auburn bandwagon. You have got to be kidding me?!

6. Sunday was theme night at church. Amelia was supposed to be a farmer and dressed up like a cowboy. Bella was a superhero. I'm not really up to date on current super heros and we don't own a single costume. At the last minute I pulled together a cat-woman costume and was pretty proud of my creativity. Bella was so impressed that she's now decided she wants to be a cat for Halloween. I need to take my creativity down a notch.

7. Today is Cowboy day at school. I think I need to send Will to school with a disclaimer. I'm sure he's going to "shoot em up" and decide some of the other cowboys are Indians and tackle them. Great day to be a two year old teacher!

8. Yesterday was a our first day back to normal. Other than bedtime, it went pretty good. I'll be so relieved and happy when I can lift again.

9. Jason and I are attending an adults only Halloween party next weekend. Jason is not very crafty or creative with costumes so this should be interesting. I always regret my costume choices. If I dress up as a funny character people are barely dressed up. If I show up in a lame costume, people go all out. We're going middle of the road this year.

10. The girls and I are heading to Nashville with our favorite redheads to see the Rockettes. I used to want to be a Rockette and I can't wait to finally see them in person!

No comments: