www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Oh dear. I spent the better part of last week drugged. Let me just say that I am too type A to be under the influence of drugs. Even prescription pain medications that I'm supposed to be taking. The entire time I was in the hospital the pain medicine they had me on wasn't really working. They decided to put me on not one but two pain medications. At the same time. Then I was nauseous from the dual medication.

2. Bring on the visitors. If you came to see me while I was in the hospital or called, I'm sure you were in for a real treat. My mouth was like the Sahara and I couldn't talk without constantly eating ice. The nurses told me no one ate more ice chips than I did. I ate so many of them that they didn't come into my room without a gallon bag of ice chips. I also couldn't form the basis of a sentence if my life depended on it. By the end of the second day, eyes watering, vision blurry, I took to just nodding my head and trying, like my life depended on it, to follow the conversation.

3. At this point, you're probably thinking why was I seeing visitors when clearly I should be scheduling an interview with a producer for Intervention. And WHERE was my common sense husband and why was he allowing people past the door? Home. Sick. He left the hospital throwing up as soon as I got into my permanent room. He doesn't remember driving home and passed out for hours once he was there. Monday might be one of the all time worst days ever. If I could fully remember how terrible it was.

4. My fantastic brother and sister in law sent me beautiful flowers. As your brother pointed out, you are one flower arrangement away from being tied with him for "total number of flowers sent during our relationship". My lovely mother and father in law have bi-passed my husband in the flower department. (I think they're up by 3). It is a long standing joke that within a meek of meeting Jason, he told me he doesn't send flowers. Joey doesn't share food. Jason doesn't send flowers. Same, same.

5. A little piece of advice to all my smart-phone loving friends. Back that thing up on your computer. Frequently. My phone is my life. Every single event, contact, email, birthday, appointment. Whatever, whoever, wherever is in my phone. And it erased on Monday. Completely erased and I was sobbing hysterically. I took a major hit to my body and my phone erased. Monday = worst day ever.

6. Another piece of advice..if you don't remember someone's password don't try to hack into their phone. It will erase. It's apparently a security feature set up by the genius's in charge at the cell phone company. The owner of that phone will probably act like a crazy person when they find out you erased their phone.

7. Amelia decided to give herself a mini hair cut last week. NOOOOOOOO. This is one of my worst nightmares come true. Thankfully it wasn't too bad (you can't really even see it) and I think my mom scared the daylights out of her enough that she won't be doing it again anytime soon.

8. Will had a fantastic time at the birthday party this weekend. I posted a few pictures below. He told me when he grows up he is going to marry Chloe AND Addison. Great, the new star of Sister Wives 2030.

9. Drew loves Granny. There is nothing sweeter than seeing baby boy walk up to my 80 year old grandmother and flap his arms and yammer away because he wants her to pick him up. It makes my heart smile every time.

10. Voluntold..the act of telling someone else you have volunteered them for a certain activity without asking them. Bella had an apple activity at school and I I wasn't able to make it. I immediately responded to the email volunteering Jason. I knew Bella would be ecstatic. The kids were were going to taste four different kinds of apples and apple cider. They also learned about the oxidation process when you cut an apple open. Bella really liked apple cider and enjoyed having her Daddy help out.

11. Wow, I must have a lot to say this week :) Nene went and had lunch with Bella last week. Bella loves having someone come and eat lunch with her. If you visit on a weekday, be prepared for the delicious, quiet lunch invitation from your favorite almost six year old. And ninety-five of other kindergarteners..

No comments: