www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. We are now a completely childproofed house again. Immediately after the bedroom door lock was installed Drew decided he would show us a thing or two about childproofing. He decided to shut the door with Jason, my mom and myself in the bedroom. We couldn't get out. Granny couldn't hear us knocking on the door. We yelled and knocked for the girls and they couldn't "break us free". Finally Jason found a pocket knife and used that. I see myself climbing out my bedroom window so the girls can let me in the front door one of these days. Super.

2. It is no secret that Drew loves to suck his thumb. He especially likes to suck his thumb with some of my mother's knitting yarn. Jason decided to use one of said pieces to tied the fireplace doors together so Drew couldn't open them. I looked up from the couch and their is Drew, head up against the glass, sucking his thumb holding on to the very small piece of ribbon tied to the door.

3. Bella is the fly killer at our house. She can't stand them and it becomes her mission to get rid of the fly. She waits for it and then somehow swats and kills it with her bare hands. It's amazing.

4. We have a little soccer player on our hands. She has scored at least one goal every game this season and this week she scored two. On the way home from the game she said, I really like soccer and I'm actually pretty good at it. We'll work on modesty next..

5. Halloween is just around the corner. I'm proud to say that all costumes are purchased or recycled in the Ross house and we're ready to go.

6. I began Christmas shopping while I was in the hospital. What else was I going to do? I bought the gifts from my parents last week and just need to order ours now. Amelia will be excited to see more of the QPS man at our house.

7. Pinkalicious anyone? I think everyone in our house has officially read Pinkalicious more than once. Gran (as Amelia only calls her) has read it so many times that she made my mom take her to the bookstore to buy Amelia some new books. And every day she tells Amelia I'm only reading Pinkalicious one time today, so you pick the time. Any other book she'll read anytime.

8. Will missed his friend so much last week that he sang an entire song with only one word..Chloe.

9. We had a lazy fall break. Most of our friends were off at the beach at some time or another. The only thing exciting around here is Will can now pee standing up. It's a big accomplishment that he announces after every trip to the bathroom. I know deep down you're all extremely jealous. I'm sure his teachers will be super excited to hear the good news tomorrow ;)

10. Bella has an exciting social calendar with birthday parties this fall. Sadly they all have all coincided with soccer games. She and her good friend have been talking about the party palace for months. (I'm totally serious.) The invitation arrives for the party and she immediately started getting upset thinking she was going to miss it too. We're letting her skip this one game for the party. I can't believe I'm doing it but at 6 I don't want her resenting soccer, something she really enjoys, because it makes her miss out on everything else.

No comments: