www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. On the first official day of fall it was 97 degrees. Seriously, enough already. This northern girl is ready for real fall weather and some apple orchards and pumpkin picking. Enough with the tank tops, flip flops and swimming pool for a few months. Just a few..

2. Drew is finally adjusted to his big boy sneakers and he loves them. He really does think he's a big boy now running all over the place in them.

3. Every time we're in the van Amelia reaches over and holds Drew's hand the entire ride. It really is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I look in my rear view mirror and I see the two of them, holding hands and it makes my heart melt. This morning, I looked up just in time to see Drew reach his chubby little baby hand over to grab his sister's first.

4. We enjoyed a visit from one of Jason's army buddies last week. Sometimes I forget now that he's on the civilian side of the Army world, that I married a rockstar. My husband is very humble and sometimes it takes someone he's served with to come around to remind me of what a great soldier, and more importantly human being, he is.

5. I had a fabulous weekend in Atlanta with some of the best friends a girl could ever have. It was an uplifiting, inspirational weekend and I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of it. I laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time.

6. The speakers and the music were phenomenal. If I could have put Patsy Clairmont in my pocket and brought her home with me, I would have. In a New York minute. Seriously loved her. And the Chapmans were fantastic. Their music and their story. If this is an event in your area, I urge you to attend. Your spirit will be uplifted.

7. Jason did an awesome job holding down the fort while I was gone. As I was getting ready to walk over to the arena my phone rang twice in 30 seconds. The reception was terrible and as it started ringing again, I thought to myself, who is calling me three times? Bella's school. It could only be Bella's school. And it was. She had gotten sick AT school and they wanted me to immediately come and get her.

8. Jason spent the two days I was gone with a sick and recuperating child. I would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Everytime he goes TDY someone gets sick or a big disaster happens. This time he was the one home dealing with it.

9. I can't for the life of me understand why parents think it's a good idea to have a toddler spend the night with them in the hospital. This maniac has been running around screaming and randomly coming into peoples rooms yelling. Really not necessary.

10. The kids are so excited that Granny and Nene are here for a few weeks. I'm pretty excited to because I really underestimated this surgery. It's going to take a little while longer than I expected to get back on my feet. Thanks to all of you for the prayers, concern and food to help us out.

No comments: