www.simplicitybychristy.com

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. It's HOT hot here. The thermometer in my car said 105 when I was pulling out this weekend. We are limiting the kids to the pool and playing outside a little bit before or after dinner. They're usually dripping in sweat and their little faces are beat red.

2. Open house is next week at Bella's school. We get to pick up all of her school supplies and finally meet her teacher. Some of our friends that go to other schools have known for weeks who their teacher is, not us.

3. Amelia is still carrying around her preschool letter announcing her new teacher. The paper is a wrinkled mess and I ask her frequently if I can throw the paper away yet.

4. I have been on allergy shots, twice a week for two months now. They are absolutely miserable. I'm severely allergic to grass and cats and my reaction to the shots are getting worse each visit. I can't for the life of me understand why they insist on mixing both of these serums into one shot.

5. Jason finally found a part time job. I say finally because his search for a part time job was becoming a bit of a joke and a lot ridiculous. Everywhere he applied he was "unqualified to work".

6. On his first day of work my husband did not take a lunch. His boss "Jason you have to take a lunch. It's the law." Jason, "I only worked 6 hours. I'm legally required to eat?" Ahh, welcome to the civilian world my dear. You get a smoke break too if you want one.

7. Being the only Yank, in a house of southerners is starting to affect my accent. I've recently caught myself saying y'all and more disturbing calling Will, "Wheel". A friend of mine said she heard herself say "fixin to" the other day and was completely mortified. I reckon I'm not quite there yet but it's only a matter of time.

8. Jason and I are both now licensed and tagged to drive here. Expect our driving skills to decrease rapidly. I need to go out and practice the legal left stoplight u-turn (yes, an actual traffic maneuver) a few times so I can get the hang of it.

9. We received Bella's schedule for kindergarten. She is attending school on the second day of school, not the first. The boys get to go on the first day, girls on the second. Bella (in true Bella fashion) is upset she isn't going to school on the first day. She must get this being first all the time from her father.

10. Drew (and Will) has become quite attached to his Daddy. He follows him around the house, saying DaDa Dadadada. It's pretty cute and he's going to miss him now that he's working again.

No comments: