www.simplicitybychristy.com

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

the one that completed my heart

I began negotiating Drew's arrival on December 3, 2007 and most of you know that is the day that Will is born. You may not know that I was sitting in recovery, with all kinds of tubes and monitors, minutes out of a c-section, holding a screaming baby that was only about 45 minutes old. I looked down at William and he was perfect. And beautiful. I looked up at Jason and simply said. "I guess I'm not done." He looked back at me with his mouth hanging open and was pretty much speechless. I had just delivered two babies in eleven months and I wanted another one?! Crazy, I know, but I knew at that moment that I definitely did.
Nine months later we were pregnant. I was sick from the time I found out I was pregnant until the day I delivered Drew. It was miserable. I was convinced he was a girl. I remember going in to get the ultrasound and he wouldn't unfold his legs. I said it doesn't really matter, I know it's a girl. My friend Amber was in there with us and she left, and came back with an assortment of caffeinated beverages and chocolate. I chugged a Mt Dew, ate some candy, laid down and tada - there he was. Jason especially, was ecstatic. I was so happy that our family would be even and Will would have a little brother. We had achieved perfection - two girls and two boys.
Drew has been the best baby by far. He's so calm and laid back it's amazing. He never cries. He slept through the night very early on. He loves to watch and laugh at his brothers and sisters. He really is the fan favorite of his siblings. They adore him and for the most part do whatever they can to make him laugh. When I watch them him, with his silly somewhat toothless grin and blond curls, my heart is complete.

Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet boy. Your mama loves you.

No comments: